SPHERE and the Children of the 90s
Thursday 26th May, 18:00-20:00
Colston Hall, Terrace Bar, Colston Street, Bristol, BS1 5AR
We would like to invite you (as a Children of the 90s participant) to find out more about SPHERE at an event at Colston Hall, Terrace Bar on Thursday 26th May from 18:00-20:00.
What is SPHERE?
- SPHERE is an exciting five-year research project at the University of Bristol that uses sensor technology to monitor activities at home and studies links to health and wellbeing. For more info irc-sphere.ac.uk.
- In the future, this information may help support people suffering from conditions such as asthma, heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic conditions.
- It may also help spot medical issues such as strokes or predict falls.
- Small sensors will be placed in people’s homes.
- They will gather information about the environment, such as air quality, humidity and energy use.
- Activity and image sensors will measure people’s movement around the house.
- This information may help with a range of healthcare and wellbeing issues.
- We have one house in Bristol that has all the sensors installed, some people have stayed there as to test how the system may work.
- We’re inviting people in Bristol to get involved in this project. We plan to install these sensors in private homes in Bristol in 2017 and we would like to know people’s opinions about these technologies before then.
- During the event we will introduce the project and demonstrate how it works and how could be used to support healthcare at home.
- We will ask you to join round table discussions to share your opinions.
- We hope that this event will be fun and full of new and interesting ideas. It’s also open to children and we have a special activity with robots for them.
- Food and soft drinks will be provided
- The main car park for the Colston Hall is Trenchard Street car park.
Places are limited, so register for your free tickets - sign up here! http://bit.ly/1VUsjz7.
We'd love to see you at the event!